1. Ethical Sensitivity - awareness of self, of harm, of consequences, of impact of behavior, of intention.
2. Ethical Discernment - reflection, emotional awareness, problem solving process. Ethical decisions.
3. Ethical Implementation - What blocks me/ what supports me? How to implement decisions.
4. Ethical Conversation - Defending the decision, going public, connecting to principles.
5. Ethical Peace - Living with the decision, supports networks, crisis of limits, learning from the process, letting go.
6. Ethical Growth and Development of Moral Character - Utilise learning to enrich moral self-knowledge, to extend ethical understanding, become more ethically attuned and competent.
Sourced from Michael Carroll's and Elisabeth Shaw's Ethical Maturity in the Helping Professions - Making Difficult Life and Work Decisions. (2012) PsychOz Publications Australia.
Scott Howard is a professional executive coach and leadership coach focusing on human empowerment and maximizing potential.